Disruption and Innovation in healthcare is no longer if but when.
If there is still any healthcare leader that thinks that they are immune from disruption, think again. Disruptors and innovators like Amazon, Apple, and Google are building their strategies to disrupt the $3.4 Billion Dollar healthcare industry. Here are some clues:
Google hired 3 well known healthcare executive:
- David Feinberg, MD, President and CEO of Geisinger (Danville, Pa.) announced that he would leave his post Jan. 3, 2019, to assume a leadership role at Google.
- Michael Howell, MD, joined Google Research from University of Chicago Medicine as its chief clinical strategist. Dr. Howell is now part of the Google Brain team focused on applying AI to various problems in healthcare, including challenges related to clinical quality and patient safety
- Toby Cosgrove, MD was appointed as an executive adviser to Google Cloud’s healthcare and life sciences team, where he is tasked with helping the division investigate how emerging technologies like artificial intelligence can help improve healthcare processes, such as streamlining clinical workflows.
Amazon-Berkshire Hathaway-JPMorgan Chase healthcare venture brought in:
- Atul Gawande, MD, as a CEO
- Jack Stoddard, previous co-creator of Optum to fill the COO position.
What you should be doing:
- Mobilize your team to be consumer focused
- Train your team on creativity and innovation
- Create a culture of Innovation
- Reduce hassles to do business with you
- Disrupt yourself early and often
Fo more help, check out our Innovation Services.