A confidential, online 360° Assessment is performed to provide feedback on current leadership competencies and behaviors from multiple perspectives.
This includes ratings by a manager, peers, key stakeholders, direct reports, and a self-rating. Top strengths are identified so they can be leveraged and built upon, and top areas in need of skill development are also identified. A Leadership Success Profile (LSP) is then customized for each physician and used to drive an entirely customized program.
Other assessment types we offer include
- Communication Style
- Conflict Style
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Leadership Skills
- Team Assessment
Fellowship and Certification
Physicians are invited to join our most popular and comprehensive offering: PLI Fellowship.
This maximizes your leadership transformation through comprehensive assessment, personalized development, executive coaching, strategic organizational team projects and monthly onsite sessions. Participants have to demonstrate their leadership learning by applying their newly acquired skills to projects and initiatives.
The goal of an onsite Fellowship is to transform the leadership capabilities within an organization at all levels and equip leaders with cutting-edge leadership tools and practices. The curriculum is comprehensive, multi-faceted, and fully customized based on the specific leadership needs of the organization and the incoming cohort. They encompass a range of teaching modalities, including: in-depth case analysis, individual and small group learning, teamwork, interactive lectures and discussions, application-based reading and related assignments, action learning projects, group simulation activities, personal reflection activities, mentoring, and coaching.
A Leader-ist™ is a leader who has undergone our transformative, total immersion Fellowship program. The result is a balanced leadership style that combines technical knowledge with leadership skills along the four dimensions of our industry-leading physician leadership model. It’s about effectiveness (doing right things) and efficiency (doing things right) – with the heart and mind of a leader. Organizational alignment and performance are natural by-products.
The rigor and distinction of certifying PLI graduates as Fellows includes an oral/final interview and a written review and reflection at the end of the year-long experience:
Click here to learn more about The PLI Fellowship Journey!
A Physician Development Program may include:
- New Leader On-Boarding: Through PLI’s New Leader On Boarding services, new physician leaders receive dedicated coaching and guided development designed to help them understand their responsibilities as a leader, create a professional strategy map, develop a plan for successful integration with the team they will lead and their leadership peers, and ensure a positive and productive start to their work as a leader.
- Effective Communication: Through workshops and/or seminars on effective communication, leaders will learn to get their points across clearly and concisely, recognize the role of assumptions in communication and ways to manage their assumptions, have conversations that result in the desired actions and outcomes, listen effectively, and communicate with tact and respect.
- Leading With Courage: Through our highly experiential and impactful session on Leading with Courage, leaders learn the values and actions that enable them to step up with courage, have the tough conversations, confront difficult problems and issues, and ensure their values and actions are in seamless alignment.
- Executive Presence: Understand your charter, substance and maximize your style for a sustainable transformation in leadership presence
- Understanding and Leveraging DiSC Styles: The DISC Behavioral Dimensions Profile is an assessment of usual tendencies when working with others – how you tend to interact and present yourself to others. The DISC describes four primary dimensions of behavior and assesses the degree to which you draw from each. Although one or two dimensions tend to be the primary drivers of an individual’s behavior, we all use behaviors from each of the four dimensions in varying degrees. The DiSC profile will help you recognize diverse styles, relate effectively with those whose style differs from your own, and leverage the array of styles and strengths within a team to enhance performance and results.
Other development programs available:
- CMO Academy
- High Performing MEC
- Physician Project & Outcomes Management
- High Performing Dyads
Click here for more about Programs
Personalized, one-to-one leadership coaching sessions are dedicated to helping each physician define and achieve his or her personal and professional goals.
Working with seasoned coaching professionals, physicians complete a comprehensive Personal Strategy Map to outline and guide their development journey. The coach provides insight, guidance and accountability to enable the physician to execute on his or her personal and organizational goals and strategies with the highest impact.
Coaching types include:
- Group Coaching: focused on helping the group with their leadership gaps identified in the 360 and other assessments. This happens ounce or twice a month as a group call or onsite meeting. One coach is assigned per 6-9 people. Topics covered cover a wide range of leadership and team issues such as communication, collaboration, and conflict.
- Project Coaching: This is also group coaching, but focused on helping the group solve the assigned problem and guiding them through project, team dynamic, and stakeholders buy-in. That happens ounce or twice a month as a group. One coach per project per team. This type of coaching drives accountability to deliver on the project commitments as well as teaches problem solving, project management and collaboration as a team
- Individual Coaching: Leadership Coaching through PLI is also available to individual physicians and other healthcare leaders who want to further their skills and growth as leaders, but are not part of an organization-sponsored Leadership Institute or Academy program.
Coaching activities may include:
- Strategy Mapping: Designing Personal Strategy Map to define the leader’s development goals and objectives, and action plan for attaining these.
- Envisioning: Defining the leader’s driving vision, mission and values and determine his or her leadership brand – the differentiators that set them apart from similarly qualified peers
- Assessments: Assessing leadership strengths and gaps
- Strategizing: Prioritizing leadership development objectives and creating an action plan for growth and development
- Executing: Implementing the plan and providing feedback, guidance and accountability along the way
- Review and Refinement: Reviewing learning outcomes and define next steps for continued growth